Michael Jackson has amazed me with his prodigious musical talents, dancing moves, philanthropic service, and his surreal personal style. Not only is Michael the King of Pop, he is also the King of fashion. He’s one of the biggest fashion trendsetters of all time and has inspired millions of people from around the globe.
His style is timeless, insouciant, personal, exceptionally cool & sexy! Whatever he wore, whether on stage or in videos, he looked amazing. Michael’s fashion is imitated by countless copycats but just like his dance moves… no one wears it like MJ! Here are my favorite MJ staple looks.
1. Fedoras – Michael embraced fedora hats both on and off stage. I love seeing him dance wearing a fedora… made his already unbelievable moves even more sexy!
2. Military Jackets – Michael was the first person to show me that military jackets can be so fashionable!
3. Cropped Trousers – Only Michael can pull off these shrunken pants this well without looking like a big dork!
4. Suit Fashion – Masculine yet elegant… I never thought anyone could dance so well in those suits! The slim silhouette and the fedora reminds me of the Gucci Spring 09 collection. Perhaps, they got the idea from Smooth Criminal?
5. Sparkles & Glitter - Michael was inventive & fearless in both his music and fashion. Who else could look so casually cool with this much sequins, crystals? So flashy yet never trashy. Oh, and don’t forget about the one-glove, loafers, and the aviator shades.
6. Rock Style – Rock with you~~ all night~~ My favorite style of Michael! Look at his use of all the cool accessories with buckles, chains, zippers, studs, etc. HOOOOOOOT!
7. Red Jackets – Seeing him wearing his infamous red jacket makes me want to go get one right now!