Do you have leftover wine at home? Perhaps, you might want to grab a cheap wine at the store cause you are about to make one of the best party punches – wine sangria!
Wine sangria is a wine fruit punch… very simple to make and great with finger food. It’s delicious, fruity, and refreshing! So put down the eggnog and make this fun concoction! Here goes the recipe.
1. You’ll need 1 orange, 1/2 lemon, 1/2 apple, 1 tbsp of sugar (I use way more!), and red wine.
2. Juice 1/2 of the orange (you may substitute with regular orange juice) and stir into a pitcher of wine.
3. Slice the remaining 1/2 of the orange, lemon, and apple. You can put different types of fruits but avoid mushy ones like kiwi, mango, etc.
4. Put all fruit slices and sugar into the wine. Stir well (add in more fruits/sugar if you’d like at this point).
5. Let stand in a tightly sealed pitcher for at least 24 hours in the refrigerator before serving. I leave it for 2 days for a more fruity aroma.
6. Time to enjoy!!!
*** TIPS: You may substitute red wine for white wine. Stir in club soda or Sprite if you like some kick. The glasses may be filled with ice cubes before adding the sangria.***