You know how much I LOVE Kate Moss… wow, it’s been over a decade since I’ve seen her in the spotlight. I’ve never seen anyone look so stylish yet so effortlessly – street fashion meets haute couture!!! Kate Moss gives some awesome fashion tips that are better than any fashion experts out there from The Sunday Times Style Magazine.
- Never look you’ve tried too hard – or, rather, don’t try too hard! Mismatching can add much more personal touch to an outfit.
- Be brave and try new hairstyles. It can completely transform your look just for one night and inspire a new way of looking at your existing wardrobe.
- Don’t do the catwalk look head to toe. Mix old with new, designer with high street – the options are endless, and it’s good to make it your own vision. For example, I wore a beautiful Chanel maxidress to my friend’s wedding with a 1930’s antique blue velvet cape and some huge, hooped Turkish earrings, which gave the dress a totally different feel.
- When you buy a vintage or second-hand piece, don’t take it on face value – it can be altered in so many ways. I’ve lopped the hem off many a full-length gown and make necklines lower. It does help to have a genius dressmaker otherwise do it yourself.
- If you are going out for the evening, think about your outerwear, as well as the outfit underneath. Again, mismatching sort of accidentally works well and can look effortless. For example, don’t be afraid to wear a battered leather jacket with a full-length gown, or an extravagant embroidered evening jacket with old jeans and a T-shirt.
My favorite quotes from Kate moss.
You need “impact” make-up. Smoky eyes are always, always a good look… I go with feeling or emotion and don’t necessarily plan, unless, perhaps, a special occasion, or I just bought something that I love and I’m desperate to wear…
If I’m going dancing, then I wear the highest heels with the shortest dress… Just remember that, ultimately, dressing is all about attitude, feeling comfortable and confidence.