Here are some great tips on how to take care of your lingerie so it lasts longer.
Caring for Your Lingerie
Proper care can mean the difference in getting years versus months out of your undergarments. Important things to remember when it comes to caring for your bras.
- You should not wear the same bra two days in a row. Rotating them allows them time for the elastic to spring back to it is not constantly at a stretched point.
- You need not wash them after every wear, but rather after two or three times wearing.
- While you don’t have to hand wash, all manufacturers suggest it, and it will lengthen the life of your bras and panties. IF you choose to machine wash, do so on a gentle cycle and use a mesh bag if you have a top loading machine with an agitator. If your machine is a front loader or one of the new top loaders without an agitator then there is really no need for the bag.
- You should use detergent that is specific for lingerie. We suggest “Forever New“. The citric acid in the product removes all residues from the elastic better than other detergents allowing for the elastic to remain young for much longer.
- Absolutely NEVER put them in the dryer. The heat from the dryer will kill the elastic in no time. And if your bra feels too big, throwing it in the dryer is NOT going to shrink it.
- When traveling with molded style cup bras, it is the best to put them in a hard case to protect them from getting permanently smooshed.